There is something about the soft glow of a children's nightlight (especially when said child is sleeping soundly) that warms my heart. I have a bit of a thing about beautiful lights, lamps and nightlights in my kids rooms. Sophie currently has two and Millie has three, although they don't all get used at the same time!
Below are some of my favourite nightlights and lamps on the market at the moment.
PS - stay tuned to my instagram page as I'm launching a new competition where you can win one of these beautiful lights!
1. Hands down my favourite light for a kids nursery or bedroom. Heck, my fave light period. This is a bit more expensive but really, look at it! Milk NA1 light from Great Dane Furniture, from $395
2. This is so, so cute for the little superhero in your life. Superhero light by April Eleven, This Little Love, $89.95
3. There is a reason these battery operated marquee lights are all over instagram - and that's because they are great! Sophie has one of their marquee 'S' lights in her room and we love it. Wall mountable or able to rest on a shelf. Lights by Little Letter Lights Co, $89
4. Both my girls have a mushroom lamp and we can highly recommend it. It throws off a great light over the room and as it's made of plastic we don't have to worry about breakages. These toadstools are available in small (above) and a large - and a variety of colours (pink, red, metallics, black and on and on.....). Heico mushroom lamp, Leo & Bella, from $129.99
5. My girlfriend has used one of the MUUTO socket lamps in her daughter's room and it looks beautiful. Such a nice scandi touch! MUTTO E27 socket lamp, Designstuff, $105 (available in a variety of colours)
6. Copper, timber and $20. So there isn't really much else to say. This would be a lovely touch on a kids desk. Lamp from Kmart Australia, $20.
7. So we've already noted in my Easter blog posts that I'm a fan of bunnies. Naturally this lamp is one of my favourites. Heico lamp, Leo & Bella, $150 (available in some delicious colours too)
8. I scream, you scream! Sweet items for kids bedrooms is a huge trend (see my blog post on wall hooks and storage). This battery operated night light is completely sweet (available in white, pink and blue), Petite Jolie Boutique, $24.95
9. This jersey cotton (yes, you heard me) light is adorable - and so different! Le Petite M from Leo & Bella, $60 (available in grey or pink)
10. Oh Miffy! This lamp is a very popular addition to nurseries. And you can see why. We have one in Millie's room - and I swoon everytime I see it Apparently it gives off a lovely light but I wouldn't know yet. We've plonked Miffy on the floor, put a crown on her and use as room decor. One day we'll test her light capacity. Miffy lamp (small), Baby Donkie, $269.95
11. What an amazing scandi touch these string lights would add to a kids room or nursery. I want some for my room! Bella Vista string lighting (available in white or black), Norsu Interiors, $199
12. Watermelons decor is huge at the moment so if you love watermelon (so the song goes) then this is your lamp. Heico watermelon lamp, Leo & Bella, $159
13. While researching this blog post I stumbled upon these divine string lights (and in Millie's room colours!). These would be amazing in a nursery. So do me a favour and buy them cos I'm on a light ban. Little Lummi 20 ball light set, Norsu Interiors, $45
14. My sister in law and I imported these egg night lights from the US a few years ago for our kids. This is a beautiful ceramic light which throws little squiggles of light around the room. It was expensive to do but worth it. Star egg nightlights, J Schatz, $165 (available in a variety of colours)
15. This retro bunny lamp is super sweet. Goodnight ligh baby lapin bunny lamp, Leo & Bella, $165
16. Well this little guy is super cute - kids would love having this buddy in their room. Spoka night light, Ikea, $25.99
Tell me what are your favourite lamps and nightlights!